Friday 21 February 2014

Bal Chetna Sivir (experience)

No comments
“If every 8 year old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.” - Dalai Lama.

Do you believe in the above statement? People do have different opinion in this regard but what I wonder is, "does the one replying this question really qualifies for the question?" What's the point of arguing about this with someone who has not yet experienced meditation even once in his/her life!

This week I was exploring this statement among the kids aged 8-14 within a program called "Bal Chetna Sivir" as a volunteer. This program consist of lots of fun filled games, some breathing techniques and very short meditation and many more and is taught over 5 days. I through my own experience of childhood can claim that, the thing that a child most loves to do is playing games and I was amazed to learn that they loved meditation even more than playing games. At the end of program, when they were sharing their experience, they had big smile in their face and were filled with more enthusiasm and energy than before.

The program was conducted at Durbar High School and on the first day everyone was trying to escape but anyhow we,volunteers managed to hold 40+ student, on second day few children escaped and we had some new faces but there were not even 40 students but by the time program was about to end(i.e. on the last day) all 55 students were present. And they were asking with us to extend the program!

The transformation that happened within these 5 days was something I would not have believed, had I not experienced myself! And I felt that every child from every corner of the world deserves to get this experience and wish to thank guruji(Sri Sri) for designing this amazing program. I have decided I myself will work as a medium to spread this knowledge to underprivileged children of Nepal. So if anyone who is reading this blog wants to bring this program to organisation(orphanage or government school) they know within Kathmandu, please comment below or contact me at 9803572935.

And yes the program is absolutely free of cost and full of benefits ;)